Looking for work in the Algoma area? The following Algoma Area Chamber member businesses are currently looking to hire. Please contact the company directly for more information
Current Job Listings: Updated June 14, 2017
Company: Lakeshore Vision Center
Job Title: Optometric Assistant
Location: Algoma and Kewaunee
NOW HIRING OPTOMETRIC ASSISTANT!
Lakeshore Vision Center is looking for an Optometric Assistant! We are very
excited to add a new member to our dynamic team! You are the right person
if you can work independently and with others, enjoy learning, are a self-starter, and can multitask. You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
You will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks in a medical
setting. This position involves clinical assignments, optical dispensing,
and administrative and office duties, including computer tasks. A strong
work ethic and great personality are very important to us, so we will train
the right candidate!
This is a full-time position (32- 36 hours per week) between our two office
locations in Algoma and Kewaunee, WI. Benefits include health insurance,
vision benefits, a retirement plan, and vacation and holiday pay.
Job Posting: Custodian/Van Driver
Employer: Algoma School District
Contact: Alison DeMeuse, Human Resources
Address: 1715 Division St., Algoma, WI 54201
Phone: 920-487-7001 Ext 3402
Job Category: Custodian/Van Driver
Classification: Full-time with benefits
Starting Wage: $14/hour
Description: Cleaning all classrooms, restrooms, meeting areas, gym, etc., and various maintenance activities. Occasional transportation of students in school van.
Qualifications: High school diploma and valid driver’s license required. Must have general knowledge of boiler/electrical/mechanical systems and basic computer skills. Must be able to work independently with administration, staff, & students. Confidentiality, positive attitude, and good rapport with the community are required.
Starting date: Position available immediately
To Apply: Send a Support Staff Application (available on the District’s website OR at the District Office), letter of interest, and resume to Alison DeMeuse
Closing date: June 30, 2017
Algoma School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Company: Country Ovens, Ltd.
Job Location: Forestville
Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Brief Description: Marketing/Sales Position
Country Ovens, Ltd. a leading gourmet foods provider is searching to fill a Marketing/Sales position.
We are seeking a highly professional individual with proven sales and marketing skills including software proficiency, excellent written and verbal communication, project management, time management and organizational skills. Responsibilities include maintaining social media, product introduction and sales, development of collateral material, event coordination and sales presentations. The successful candidate will partner with team members at all levels within the organization. Candidates must be able to self-motivate, work individually with limited direction as well as collaborate in a team environment. Must be flexible and open to feedback/changes regarding your creative ideas. Experience or interest with website design and management is a plus along with knowledge in the following programs: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver), Microsoft Office, Word Press, and Apple based O/S.
Send resume to Country Ovens, Ltd., P.O. Box 195, Forestville, Wi. 54213 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: Until filled
Company: Hunt Brothers Pizza
Job Location: Algoma
Job Title: Restaurant Customer Service
Brief Description: Looking for a fun and interesting part-time job? Hunt Brothers Pizza has openings for enthusiastic, friendly individuals who are interested in serving delicious food and providing exceptional guest service. No experience necessary. Flexible weekends and summer hours available. Applications available at the restaurant or at Graf’s Mobil Mart in Algoma.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2017
Company Contact Information:
Name: James Graf
Line Worker Position – Algoma Utilities
Algoma Utilities, a Municipal Electric and Water Utility, is accepting applications for a Line Worker.
Applicants will be expected to be able to perform physical labor in all types of weather. The work will also involve performing tasks within the Water Utility. On-call duty is required.
Successful applicants will have a High School diploma. Preference will be given to applicants that have completed a 9 – month Power Distribution Program and have or the ability to obtain a CDL, with a clean driving record. Successful completion of Electrical Lineman Apprentice program will be required. Starting wage for this position is $19 .82 per hour.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume including work history and references to: Algoma Utilities, Attention: General Manager, 1407 Flora Avenue, Algoma, WI 54201. email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
City of Algoma- Park and Recreation/Street Dept.
The City of Algoma is accepting applications for the position of 1 full-time Seasonal Shared Position Maintenance Worker for the 2017 Summer Season. The position is for a limited term with no benefits. Successful candidate will work approximately June – end of October. Hours and days may vary but typically are Monday-Thursday 6:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. and Fridays 6:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m..Wages start at $10 per hour.
This position performs a variety of manual labor activities in the Park and Street Departments. Typical activities include mowing and trimming, moving and transporting picnic tables, weed control, litter and trash collection, and other maintenance activities as assigned.
Candidates must have the ability to operate landscaping equipment; such as a zero-turn riding mower and push mower, trimmer, leaf blower, sweeper and other gardening tools. They must be able to follow verbal directives and use safe work practices. The candidates must also possess a valid driver’s license and have the ability to travel to various work sites.
To apply for this position please complete an application, available on the City’s website, at City Hall (416 Fremont St), and at the Youth Club (620 Lake St). Completed applications are to be submitted to City Hall by 2:00 p.m. on June 9, 2017.
EAST SHORE INDUSTRIES, INC. Program Assistant Job Description
Program Assistant. Monday – Friday / 30-38 hours a week Program Director
The program assistant provides direct hands-on training to individuals who have significant disabilities in the area of social and personal adjustment, leisure time activities, community integration, personal cares, pre-vocational training, and behavior management. Assists individuals with severe functional needs by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures the advocacy for, protection of, and opportunity to exercise individual client rights.
- Maintains confidentiality according to policy for all clients.
- Follows the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Enforces safety regulations.
- Provides direct, hands-on training in the areas of work readiness and work skills.
- Possess or obtain skills and demonstrate the ability to tolerate, manage, and assist clients in an assigned daily program in a one on one or group situation (group meaning more than one client with one staffperson).
- Ability and knowledge to understand, implement, and assist clients to reach their individual goals and objectives.
- Ability to follow all daily schedules and the understanding of individual restrictions.
- Maintains time sheets and production records of clients
- Ability to provide hands on and/or assistance to individuals with: feeding, toileting, changing clothing, personal hygiene cares when needed; one or two person transferring of individual from wheelchairs,toilets, chairs and floor.
- Routine charting as necessary (i.e.: toileting, behaviors, activities, production records, etc.)
- Carry out all assigned responsibilities which include both leading and assisting with activities.
- Work cooperatively with all staff and acts as a positive role model. Ability to use effective problem-solving skills and uses effective communication with other staff.
- Assists clients with mobility within ESI building and integrating them into the community when\accompanied by other ESI staff.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Applicants need to have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); and/or 6 months previous experience. Skills required necessary to perform position responsibilities include:
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret safety rules, policy and procedural manuals, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to communicate in a positive, cooperative, proactive, effective manner with clients, subordinate staff, coworkers, and supervisors.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Document client time on time sheets as to hours and minutes spent in program or on the job.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to resolve behavior management problems in a positive manner.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; The employee must frequently lift, pull down and/or otherwise move up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This job normally takes place in an indoor program setting. Occasionally, field trips or outings may require walking or traveling outdoors with clients. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
East Shore Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in the position detailed below please submit a resume’ via email or mail to:
East Shore Industries, Inc. Attn: Linda
813 Rabas Street
Algoma WI 54201
Algoma Long Term Care Unit: Director of Nursing
Algoma Long Term Care Unit is a municipally owned 42-bed skilled nursing, rehabilitation and long-term care facility. We are committed to the highest quality of care and a resident-centered approach to planning and providing care. We are seeking candidates for Director of Nursing who will provide nursing administrative leadership, working collaboratively as a member of the interdisciplinary team to ensure, promote and endorse our goals and values of independence, dignity, and comfort for our residents. Strong leadership skills, and a state of Wisconsin RN license required. Past experience preferred.
Submit resume and salary requirements to:
Algoma Medical Center
1510 Fremont Street
Algoma WI 54201
R Independence, a charter fishing service out of Algoma, is looking for a 1st mate for the 2017 summer season. Looking for someone to work weekends and the whole week of 4th of July.
Experience level and good references are required. $15/hour.
Call 608-415-9756 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ENERGY SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE
WPPI Energy is seeking a customer-focused, technically-adept professional to manage the delivery of utility services, customer programs and marketing initiatives for the public power communities of Algoma and Sturgeon Bay in beautiful Door County, Wisconsin.
As part of a strong team of engineering, energy services, account management and marketing professionals, you will foster and manage important customer and community relationships – including residential, commercial, industrial, school and municipal energy users. You will utilize excellent interpersonal skills to form constructive business relationships and to communicate the value that public power brings to the community. You will also utilize strong analytical skills to educate electric customers on where they use (and waste) energy, and apply your problem solving abilities to find ways to control their electric costs.
Qualified candidates will preferably have a four-year degree in a technical field such as natural or environmental sciences, engineering, or applied mathematics, as well as a strong interest in energy efficiency and renewable energy. Qualified candidates will also possess excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills. Customer service experience and a record of active community involvement is also preferred.
Depending on background and experience, the successful candidate will participate in a one to two-month training program based in our office and operations facility in Sun Prairie before relocating to the utility offices in Algoma and Sturgeon Bay.
WPPI Energy is a not-for-profit, regional power company serving 51 customer-owned electric utilities. Through WPPI Energy, these public power utilities share resources and own generation facilities to provide reliable, affordable electricity to 200,000 homes and businesses in Wisconsin, Upper Michigan and Iowa. We offer exceptional benefits and competitive wages. We are growing to meet the needs of a rapidly changing industry, but we are still small enough to offer flexibility and opportunity. WPPI Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, visit: https://wppienergy.org/AboutUs/JobsatWPPIEnergy.aspx. Apply online or send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources/ESR
1425 Corporate Center Drive
Sun Prairie, WI 53590-9109
No phone inquiries, please.
Company: Olson Fabrication Inc.
Job Location: Algoma, WI
Job Title: Cost Estimator
Olson Fabrication Inc., a leading Fabrication and Machining Company in Northeastern Wisconsin, is searching for a Cost Estimator to join our team.
The Cost Estimator will prepare quotes with focus on customer RFQ details. This position requires a hands on team player with solid technical knowledge of fabrication, welding, machining and assembly processes to prepare labor and materials estimates. Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Auto-CAD software knowledge is a plus.
- Estimate the needs for machine set up and run times, tooling, programs and outside processes, identifying nonrecurring expenses and entering all costs into JobBoss system to establish the quote. (JobBoss experience is a plus)
- Review and analyze historical and current cost data; ensure that supporting rationale for cost estimates is complete and accurate.
- Prepares quotes in the prioritized sequence as to be on time within the customer due date.
- Project audit – follow-up costs relative to bids as the projects develop.
- Provide a high level of service to all internal and external customers. Contributes to positive teamwork environment.
- Have knowledge of CNC machining, turning and multi-axis milling.
- Foster Lean Manufacturing principles with focus on continuous improvement.
Experience and Knowledge:
- An Associate’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, or Manufacturing Technology or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications for building presentations, handling correspondence and building spreadsheets for project time lines.
- Ability to perform analysis of data using MS Excel
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principals involved in production of precision, blueprints, drawings and models.
- Knowledge of various raw materials, hardware, tooling, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of products.
This is a first shift position in a great working environment with an excellent benefits package. If interested, please email resume to email@example.com or stop in for an application at 1101 Perry Street in Algoma, WI.
Algoma Area Chamber Members please submit your employment opportunities below!