Live Algoma, Bellin Health and the Algoma Area Chamber of Commerce invites you to join the 2nd Annual Holiday Challenge: Freeze the Gain!
The purpose of this challenge is to empower you to make healthy choices so you can be at your best this holiday season. We hope to introduce you to a few new ideas and give you practical tips for staying at your current weight or avoiding weight gain.
Sign up here to receive weekly motivational emails to keep that winter weight gain to a minimum.
Topics covered will include:
- Thanksgiving Survival
- Fitting in Exercise
- Coping with the Holiday Stress
- Holiday Party Survival
- New Year, New You
Initial weigh-ins will be held the weeks of November 20-25th and final weigh-outs will be held the week of January 8-January 13th,, 2018. The goal is to maintain your weight throughout the holiday season. At the final weigh-in if you have maintained your weight within 1 pound OR lost weight, you will be entered in a drawing to win $50!
How can you Freeze the Gain?
- – Sign up by emailing email@example.com
- – Weigh in at any of the locations listed. All weights will be kept confidential. Final weigh out dates and times will be communicated.
Algoma Community Wellness Center
November 20-22, 8A-6P; November 24-25, 8-10 AM
Small Business Saturday from 12-2 pm at FTS Technology- 311 Steele Street, Algoma
- – Participate in weekly tips and activities. Information will be sent out via email, printed or can be made available at your organization. Like the Facebook page: @FreezeTheGainAlgoma to get more tips and updates and to share your own!
- – Encourage your family, friends and co-workers to join you for support!
- – Donate to Feel Great! A “suggested” donation of $5-10 is encouraged but not mandatory. All funds collected during the challenge will go to help support the Algoma Community Ice Rink with sporting supplies and maintenance equipment.
- **Any employer or organization with 10 or more participants can schedule weigh-ins with Nurse Jody- Algoma Community Nurse Activator and their location.